Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Arborist Reports in the Council Municipality of Willoughby Council that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Lane Cove North||Willoughby East|
|Middle Cove||Willoughby North|
The following is a summary of Willoughby Council Tree Preservation Order to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Tree Preservation Order for Willoughby Council for more detailed information. Care should be also taken that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons.
Willoughby Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following removal or pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any Tree less than 4m in height, with a trunk CIRCUMFERENCE less than 600mm (measured 1.2m above ground) and a canopy width less than 3m.
- Removal of deadwood and dead trees. Removal of horticultural Fruit Trees.
- Maintenance pruning of Trees by up to 33% of tree canopy over a 5 year period (recommended 15% max per annum). ONLY applies to properties zoned Low Density Residential R2.
- Any tree listed for Willoughby Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Waverley Council Tree Preservation Order (see table below). Does not apply if Heritage site or Significant Tree Register.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Acacia baileyana||Cootamundra Wattle|
|Acacia saligna||Golden Willow Wattle|
|Acer negundo||Box Elder|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor laurel **|
|Cotoneaster spp.||Cotoneaster (all species)|
|Cupressocyparis leylandii||Leighton Cypress|
|Eriobotrya japonica||Loquat Tree|
|Erythrina x sykesii||Coral Tree|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree|
|Gleditsia triacanthos||Wild Honey Locust|
|Grevillea robusta||Silky Oak|
|Liquidambar||Liquidambar, Sweet Gum **|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive|
|Phoenix canariensis||Canary Island Date Palm *|
|Robinia pseudacacia||Black Locust / Golden Robinia|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree (under weeds)|
** Must be less than 10m in height
* Must be less than 7m in height
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining council permission are shown below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.