Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Arborist Reports in the Council Municipality of Ashfield that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
- Croydon Park
- Dobroyd Point
- Hurlestone Park
- Summer Hill
The following is a summary of Ashfield Council Tree Preservation Order to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Tree Preservation Order for Ashfield Council for more detailed information. Care should be also taken that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons.
Ashfield Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following removal or pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any tree under 4m in height and/or crown width less than 2m and/or trunk diameter less than 150mm at 1.4m height (not a mangrove at any height).
- Dead, dying or terminally diseased trees (Dangerous Trees within 48Hrs Severe Weather Event) – determined by AQF-5 Arborist and council nofified.
- Pruning of Hedges by max 33% of canopy height (If over 6m height). Pruning to remove deadwood, broken branches and palm fronds (max 20%).
- Minor pruning of branches directly overhanging the roof of any building to provide 2m clearance (owner agreement); electrical wire clearance (500mm); pruning trees overhanging a public road (4.5m height) and footpaths (2.4m height) for purpose of removal of a hazard (10% canopy, 50mm diameter Max)
- Pruning or Removal of recognized species fruit and food trees (see list).
- Any tree listed for Ashfield Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Ashfield Council Tree Preservation Order (see table below). Does not apply if Heritage site or Significant Tree Register.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Acer negundo||Box Alder|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder|
|Bambusa spp.||Bamboo (all species)|
|Celtis australis||Hackberry, Nettle Tree *|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor laurel **|
|Cupressocyparis x leylandii||Leyland cypress and variants.|
|Cotoneaster spp.||Cotoneaster (all species)|
|Erythrina crista-galli||Coral Tree|
|Eucalyptus nicholi||Narrow-leaved Peppermint|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree|
|Liquidambar||Liquidambar, Sweet Gum *|
|Olea spp.||African and European Olive|
|Populus spp.||Poplar (all species|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
** Must be less than 10m in Height
* Must be less than 6m in Height
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works commencing outside of the above conditions and exemptions. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining council permission are shown below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.