Professional Arborist in Woollahrah
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the Woollahra Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
Paddington (also Sydney)
Vaucluse (Also Waverley)
The following is a summary of the Woollahra Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by the Woollahra Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2015 – Chapter E3 Tree Management and the Woollahra Tree Management Policy 2011, to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Woollahra Council DCP 2015 – Chapter E3 Tree Management for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and significant tree registers).
Woollahra Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any tree less than 5m in height and a canopy width less than 3m. Note: Excludes heritage conservation areas and items.
- Removal of deadwood and dead trees. Removal of parasitic plants in Trees.
- Minor pruning of trees according to AS4373 to provide building clearances of up to 2m from the external face of a building, roof or powerlines (Max branch diameter 50mm at collar).
- Tree removal or pruning where tree poses imminent danger to human life or property (Evidence from AQF Level 5 arborist required).
- Any tree listed for Woollahra Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Woollahra Council DCP 2015 – Chapter E3 Tree Management (see table below). Does not apply if Heritage site or Significant Tree Register.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME||LIMITATION|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven||None|
|Celtis spp.||Hackberry||< 10m|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor laurel||< 10m|
|Cupressocyparis leylandii||Leighton Cypress||None|
|Erythrina x sykesii||Coral Tree||None|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree||None|
|Gleditsia triacanthos||Honey Locust||None|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus||None|
|Ligustrum sp||Privet (under weeds)||None|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive||None|
|Populus spp.||Poplars||< 10m|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees||None|
|Strelitzia nicolai||Giant Bird of Paradise||None|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm||None|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree (under weeds)||None|
Note: Council still needs to be notified in writing 7 days prior to carrying out works on exempt tree species.
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a Woollahra Council permit for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !