Professional Arborist in Ryde
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the Ryde Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Chatswood West||Macquarie University|
|Denisstone West||Melrose Park|
|East Ryde||North Ryde|
|Macquarie Centre||Tennyson Point|
|Macquarie Park||West Ryde|
The following is a summary of the Ryde Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by the Ryde Council Development Control Plan (DCP) – Part 9.5 Tree Preservation 2014 and the Tree Management Technical Manual, to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Ryde Council DCP 2014 – Part 9.5 for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Habitats).
Ryde Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required unless the works fall under the 10/50 bush fire clearance legislation.
- Any Tree less than 5m in height, with a trunk CIRCUMFERENCE less than 450mm (measured 1.4m above ground).
- Removal of deadwood. Note: Council approval is still required for dead, dying or trees posing an imminent risk to human life or property.
- Removal or pruning of a Tree within 4m (measured at ground level from stem to outside enclosing wall) of a legally constructed building or outhouse (over 20m2) – includes car ports and pools – Tree must be on the SAME property. This does not apply if tree is protected for Heritage or Ecological reasons:
- Species listed under endangered ecological communities within Ryde Council – Syncarpia glomulifera (Turpentine), Eucalyptus punctata (Grey Gum), Eucalyptus paniculata (Grey Ironbark), Eucalyptus eugenioides (Thin-leaved Stringybark), Eucalyptus saligna (Sydney Blue Gum), Eucalyptus pilularis (Blackbutt), Allocasuarina torulosa (Forest Oak) and Angophora costata (Sydney Red Gum).
- Pruning less than 10% of canopy crown within 12 month period (AS-4373-2007) and for service wire clearances (500mm).
- Any tree listed for Ryde Council as an exempt species under the Ryde Council DCP 2014 – Part 9.5 (see table below). Note: Does not apply if Heritage site.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Acacia saligna||Golden Wreath Wattle|
|Acer negundo||Box Elder|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor laurel|
|Erythrina sp.||Coral Tree|
|Ficus benjamina||Weeping Fig|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive|
|Robinia pseudoacacia||Golden Robinia|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
|Tamarix aphylla||Athel Tree|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree|
|*All edible fruit and nut trees, excluding naturally grown natives – excludes Acmena sp.and Syzigium sp. (Lillypillys), Elaeocarpus sp.(Blueberry Ash) or Macadamia sp. (Macadamia)|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a Ryde Council permit for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !