What is Tree dead wood removal ?
Tree pruning to remove the dead branches from within a tree canopy is often given the term ‘tree deadwooding’. It is literally as described, the removal of the dead branches from the tree. These branches can be small internal branches that occur naturally as the upper canopy shades out the photosynthetic ability of these branches or larger branches on the extremities of the canopy that have died off due to disease, decay, maturity or some other reason that causes a limited sap flow to this region of the tree. Dead branches are created as part of the natural defence mechanism of the tree, ensuring the other sections of the tree can remain healthy. These branches can eventually fall from the tree as they lose their structural strength so tree pruning to remove these is done for safety reason generally. Our Sydney North shore arborists are experts at pruning dead wood from the canopies of huge trees, over 30m in height and 30m in width, using climbing techniques that are highly skilled.
What are the benefits of Dead Wood removal from trees ?
Sydney tree pruning to remove the dead branches from the canopy can provide a number of benefits to both the tree and the owner of the tree, these are listed below:
- Risk mitigation by removing the dead branches that could possibly fall and cause serious personal injury or damages to property. Dead tree branches will slowly decay over time, with some species much faster than others, meaning the branches loses its structural strength to remain attached to the tree and subsequently falls to the ground. This is by far the most likely reason for our North Sydney tree trimming clients to ask our arborists to remove the deadwood from their trees. Liability associated with risks from falling deadwood are very important in the urban tree environment.
- Improved tree health by removing a potential home for tree borers and pathogens.
- Improved tree health by preventing the spread of certain fungal decay columns from penetrating further along a limb or down the trunk and impacting other healthy sections of the tree.
How do you carry out Dead Wood removal from trees ?
Sydney north shore tree pruning in the form of dead wood removal is done by highly skilled arborists that are capable of climbing throughout every section of the canopy of a tree using only ropes and no spikes. This is a very difficult and strenuous task that can only be done by experienced arborists on some of the very large trees we have in Sydney. If there are many trees to do and they are located with good road access then we may use an elevated work platform (EWP) such as a cherry picker to enable much faster access throughout the canopy and in some cases we may use cranes to remove large and dangerous sections of dead tree canopy. The work not other requires professional arborist climbing skills but also some advanced rigging techniques to enable large sections of dead branches to be safety lowered to the ground for processing. Sydney tree solutions provides Sydney tree pruning services in the form of deadwood removal to numerous schools and businesses around Sydney and the Sydney North Shore on an annual basis to ensure their safety standards are kept to the highest levels possible.
Should you remove dead branches from a tree
For safety reasons and therefore in many cases liability reasons it is important to get your trees inspected on an annual basis by a certified arborist with a tree risk certification to ensure that any dead branches do not pose a significant risk. Dead branches will eventually fall from a tree but the size of the dead branch, the trees location and the activities underneath its canopy will determine whether the dead branch needs to be removed for safety reasons. In terms of tree health it is always good practice to remove dead branches since these locations often attract insects and pathogens that can then infect healthy sections of the tree.
Can dead tree branches come back to life?
Dead tree branches do not come back to life if they are truly dead i.e there is no internal sap flow and live cells within the tree. Tree branches can often look dead though and they may just be dormant such as during winter for a deciduous tree or after a forest fire in an Australian eucalypt forest. It can take a professional arborist to determine whether a branch or a tree is totally dead and not possible to regenerate.
What are signs of a dying tree?
A dying tree often has signs of stress in the canopy such as low vigour, limited foliage coverage, leaf discolouration, numerous epicormic growths (small shoots) and a high percentage of dead branches. Together with this there can often be additional defects such as trunk and limb decay, fungal fruiting bodies, hollows, cracking and loss of bark and very high levels of sap exudation. Sometimes a tree may just be stressed due to environmental conditions but our expert Sydney arborists can determine whether the tree is likely to be dying.
Does cutting branches kill a tree?
Tree pruning and cutting of branches doesn’t not kill the tree but it should always be done by a professional arborist and in accordance with AS-4373-Prunity of Amenity Trees to ensure the tree can retain its correct structural form and health. In most cases it is not advisable to prune more than 10% from the tree canopy per annum. All Sydney Tree Solutions arborists are experts at advising our North Shore Sydney Tree Pruning clients exactly how much we pruning can occur to ensure these conditions are met.
How much does it cost to removal a dead tree ?
The cost of Sydney North Shore tree removal is a very common question we get from our clients and they often think there is a simple answer or that its mainly to do with how big or tall the tree is but it actually comes down to a variety of factors that in combination determine how long the works will take, what machinery is required, and the skill levels and number of personnel necessary to do the tree pruning works safely and professionally. The price to prune a tree depends on a huge variety of factors but primarily it can be determined by 3 main considerations:
– SIZE – How big is the tree – Height, Canopy width
– DIFFICULTY – Complexity of pruning process? – Complex rigging, Safety, Site factors
– ACCESS – Access from tree to road where truck and mulcher is parked.
With over 20 years of experience pricing Sydney tree pruning jobs our arborists can give you expert advice of how its best to prune a tree for its safety and also to reduce the maintenance costs that may be required. The prices get much cheaper if doing more than 1 tree on the same site.
What areas do we cover with our Sydney tree removal services ?
Sydney Tree Solutions offers tree pruning and removal services in the greater Sydney area although the majority of our customers are within the Sydney North Shore. We serve areas like Killara, St Ives, Gordon, Turramurra, Wahroonga and Hornsby in the North Shore. Other areas we provide our tree services are Castle Cove, Willoughby, Artarmon, Lane Cove, Cammeray, Mosman, Chatswood, and Castlecrag in the Lower North Shore.
- City of Sydney
Inner West Sydney
- Ashfield, Canada Bay, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Balmain, Rozelle, Annandale, Gladesville
- Henley, Hunters Hill, Huntleys Cove, Huntleys Point, Woolwich
Northern and Western Suburbs
- Beecroft, Epping, Carlingford, Cherrybrook, Dural, Glenhaven, Galston, Berowra
- Denistone, East Ryde, Eastwood, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, Meadowbank, Melrose Park, North Epping, North Ryde, Breakfast Point, Putney, Ryde, Telopea, Tennyson Point
- Upper North Shore
- East Killara, East Lindfield, Gordon, Hornsby Shire, Killara, Lindfield
- Mount Kuring Gai, Pymble, Roseville, Roseville Chase, St Ives, South Turramurra
- Turramurra, Wahroonga, Waitara, Warrawee, West Pymble
- Lower North Shore
- Artarmon, Cammeray, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West
- Cremorne, Cremorne Point, Crows Nest, Greenwich, Kirribilli, Lane Cove
- Lane Cove West, Lavender Bay, Linley Point, Longueville, McMahons Point
- Middle Cove Milsons Point, Mosman, Naremburn, Neutral Bay, North Sydney
- Northbridge, Northwood, Riverview, St Leonards, Waverton, Willoughby
- Willoughby North, Wollstonecraft, Woolwich
- Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Clontarf, Fairlight, Manly, Seaforth
- Allambie, Allambie Heights, Beacon Hill, Belrose, Brookvale, Collaroy
- Collaroy Plateau, Cromer, Curl Curl, Davidson, Dee Why, Forestville
- Frenchs Forest, Freshwater, Killarney Heights, Manly Vale, Narrabeen, Narraweena
- North Balgowlah, North Curl Curl, North Manly, Oxford Falls, Queenscliff, Terrey Hills
- Avalon, Bayview, Bilgola Plateau, Church Point, Clareville, Elanora
- Ingleside, Newport, North Narrabeen, Mona Vale, Palm Beach, Warriewood
- Whale Beach
- Normanhurst, Thornleigh, Pennant Hills, West Pennant Hills, Westleigh,
- Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Bella Vista, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Seven Hills,
- Belrose, Davidson, Duffys Forest, Frenchs Forest, Forestville, Killarney Heights
- Oxford Falls, Terrey Hills
- Randwick, Waverley, Woollahra
Do I need my council permission?
There are often several exempt tree pruning and tree removal works that can be done without council approvals but you may need to have council permission if the work is outside the scope of tree pruning as prescribed by the Council Tree Preservation Order. The council arborists will need to check the tree and the site to determine whether you will need permission or not. Our professional north shore Sydney arborists can also advise you on when council permits are required for Sydney tree removal and tree trimming works.
Why use Sydney Tree Solutions?
Sydney Tree Solutions is a professional tree services company that provides tree removal and tree pruning services to the north shore Sydney and greater Sydney suburbs. We have an experienced team of Sydney arborists and north shore Sydney tree removal experts to ensure that you have a safe, friendly, and professional tree removal service. Our arborists are fully certified to AQF Level 3 or AQF Level 5 and have a wide knowledge and experience on how to remove and prune all types of trees. Contact us today or call 0405 095 095 for professional tree removal and pruning services.