Professional Arborist in Waverley
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the Waverley Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Bondi Beach||Rose Bay (also Woollahra)|
|Bondi Junction||North Bondi|
|Clovelly||Vaucluse (also Woollahra)|
The following is a summary of the Waverley Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by the Waverley Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2012 Part B5 and the Waverley Council Tree Management Policy (2019), to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Waverley Council Tree Management Policy (2019) for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation, significant or endangered trees).
Waverley Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any Tree less than 5m in height, with a trunk diameter less than 300mm (measured at ground level) and a canopy width less than 5m.
- Removal of dead trees (where not forming any habitat, evidence required) and dead branches, palm fronds or palm fruit.
- Pruning for electrical service wires by 500mm clearances.
- Removal or pruning trees in accordance with the Roads Act 1993 for clearances.
- Remedial pruning of storm damaged trees to make safe. Council will need to determine approval for remainder of tree.
- Pruning of a hedge by no more than 20% of height or width per annum (not to exceed 1.5m reduction).
- Any tree listed for Waverley Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Waverley Council Tree Preservation Order (see table below). Council requires 7 DAYS NOTICE of works prior to removal.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME||LIMITATION|
|Citrus sp.||Citrus (all varieties)||None|
|Olea europaea sub. cuspidata||Wild Olive||None|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm||None|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree (under weeds)||None|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a Waverley Council permit for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !