Professional Arborist in Kuringai
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the Kuringai Council LGA that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
The following is a summary of the Kuringai Council Development Control Plan (DCP) – Part 13 – Tree and Vegetation Preservation, to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide and please note that this does not apply to all properties within Kuringai Council since some rules are different depending on the zoning of the property. Please reference the Kuringai council website to view the current Kuringai Council DCP – Part 13 – Tree and Vegetation Preservation for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should be also taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Habitats) which can also supersede the 10/50 Bushfire clearances laws.
Kuringai Council DCP allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission in the majority of properties although the full DCP should be read to ensure your property is not zoned in an area for which these exceptions dont apply and you understand the details of these exemptions. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required unless the works fall under the 10/50 bush fire clearance legislation.
- Any tree under 5m in height and a trunk diameter less than 150mm at ground level.
- Dead trees (provided council satisfied not for habitat) and branches.
- Trees within 3m of an existing dwelling (measured from centre of trunk). Consent from owner of tree required. Does not include detached garages and buildings, carports, verandahs, balconies and decks.
- Tree branches directly over roof lines of a residence – pruned back to nearest branch junction or collar to clear roofline, provided tree owner in agreement and according to AS-4373-2007 (excluding detached buildings and carports)
- Minor Pruning of Branches according to AS4373-2009 – Max 50mm diameter and any branches near electrical wires for 0.5m clearances (branches only, not tree trunks).
- Removal of trees that pose an imminent risk to human life or property – Council to advise before proceeding and AQF 5 Arborist may be required.
- Any tree listed for Kuringai Council under the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015 (replacing the NSW Noxious Weeds Act 1993) and any tree species listed as an exempt species under Kuringai Council DCP. Note: Does not apply for Heritage Items or if in Heritage Conservation Area.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME||LIMITATION|
|Acacia podalyrifolia||Qld Silver Wattle||None|
|Acacia saligna||Golden Willow Wattle||None|
|Acer negundo||Box Elder||None|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven||None|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder||None|
|Cotoneaster spp.||Cotoneaster (all species)||None|
|Eriobotrya japonica||Loquat Tree||None|
|Erythrina sp.||Coral Tree (all Species)||None|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree||None|
|Liquidambar stryraciflua||Liquidambar, Sweet Gum||< 12m|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive||None|
|Paraserianthes lophantha||Crested Wattle||None|
|Populus nigra italica||Lombardy Poplar||None|
|Robinia pseudacacia||Black Locust / Golden Robinia||None|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees||None|
|Schinus terebinthifolius||Broad-leaf pepper tree||None|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm||None|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree||None|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching Council’s Tree and Vegetation DCP (Part 13) can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining Kuringai council permission for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !