Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Arborist Reports in the Council Municipality Hornsby that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Berowra Waters||Mount Kuring-gai|
|Carlingford (Also The Hills Shire and City of Parramatta)||Normanhurst|
|Castle Hill (Also The Hills Shire)||North Epping|
|Epping (Also City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)||Wahroonga (Also Ku-ring-gai Council)|
|Mount Colah||West Pennant Hills (Also Hills Shire)|
The following is a summary of Hornsby Council Tree Preservation Order to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Tree Preservation Order for Hornsby Council for more detailed information. Care should be also taken that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons.
Hornsby Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following removal or pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any tree NOT listed as indigenous to Hornsby (see list on link above), not within a Heritage Conservation Area and not listed as a heritage item.
- Any dead tree – evidence required from qualified arborist.
- Any tree where the nearest point of the base of the tree trunk is within 3m of an approved residential building, garage, commercial or community building, or in-ground swimming pool.
- Action to prune a tree by less than 10% of the foliage area within a period of not less than 12 months since any prior pruning
- Action to trim or remove trees required by Clause 23 of the Electricity (Overhead Line Safety) Regulation 1991
- All noxious weeds
- Any tree harbouring fruit fly or grown for its edible fruit
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works commencing outside of the above conditions and exemptions. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining council permission are shown below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.