Professional Arborist in Hornsby Shire
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the Hornsby Shire Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Berowra Waters||Mount Kuring-gai|
|Carlingford (Also The Hills Shire and City of Parramatta)||Normanhurst|
|Castle Hill (Also The Hills Shire)||North Epping|
|Epping (Also City of Parramatta and City of Ryde)||Wahroonga (Also Ku-ring-gai Council)|
|Mount Colah||West Pennant Hills (Also Hills Shire)|
The following is a summary of the Hornsby Shire Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by the Hornsby Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2013 (Revised 2018) to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Hornsby Council Development Control Plan 2013 (Revised 2018) for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Communities) which can also supersede the 10/50 Bushfire clearances laws.
Hornsby Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission (excluding those in heritage conservation or biodiversity zones). For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required unless the works fall under the 10/50 bush fire clearance legislation.
- Removal of a tree less than 3m in height (not within native vegetation).
- Removal of a tree deemed by council to be dead and not required as native fauna habitat – photographic and written evidence to be provided to council by tree owner.
- Tree Removal where the base of the tree trunk at ground level is within 3m of an approved building (excluding detached garages, carports, swimming pools and ancillary buildings)
- Tree Removal of species listed as weeds under the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015.
- Tree Pruning by less than 10% of the foliage area (in accordance AS4373-2007) within a period of not less than12 months since any prior pruning.
- Tree Removal that poses imminent risk to human life or is likely to cause substantial damage to property in near future *Written and photographic evidence to be provided by AQF Level 5 Arborist and approved by Council in writing prior to works.
- Exempt trees listed in the table below:
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Acacia baileyana||Cootamundra Wattle|
|Acacia saligna||Golden Willow Wattle|
|Acer negundo||Box Elder|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor Laurel|
|Cotoneaster sp.||Cotoneaster (all species)|
|Eriobotrya japonica||Loquat Tree|
|Erythrina sp.||Coral Tree (all Species)|
|Ficus elastica||Rubber Tree|
|Gleditsia triacanthos||Wild Honey Locust|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive|
|Robinia pseudacacia||Black Locust / Golden Robinia|
|Scheflera sp.||Umbrella Tree|
|Schinus sp.||Peppercorn Tree|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree|
|*All edible fruit and nut trees, excluding naturally grown natives – excludes Acmena sp.and Syzigium sp. (Lillypillys), Elaeocarpus sp.(Blueberry Ash) or Macadamia sp. (Macadamia)|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining Hornsby Council permission for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below together with maps of Heritage Conservation areas of Hornsby Council. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !