Professional Arborist in North Sydney
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the North Sydney Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
The following is a summary of the North Sydney Council Tree and Vegetation Management Policy to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This policy is currently covered by part 3 of the SEPP (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 legislation and North Sydney Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2013 but will be updated with some new amendments in the later part of 2020. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete North Sydney Council DCP 2013 (To be updated late 2020) for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Habitats).
North Sydney Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all arborist works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any tree less than 10m in height, with a canopy less than 10m in width (note: both of these are soon to be reduced to 5m in 2020 DCP Amendments) and a trunk CIRCUMFERENCE less than 5m (Heritage Trees less than 5m).
- Trees that are declared to be dead or dying by an appropriately qualified arborist.
- Pruning of deadwood from a tree.
- Noxious weeds as prescribed by the Biosecurity Act 2015
- Cocos Palms (Syagrus romanzoffiana) and African Olive Trees (Olea Africana).
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a North Sydney Council permit for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !