Crown Reduction Tree Pruning
Crown reduction tree pruning involves a variety of maintenance tree pruning and remedial pruning works to ensure the tree maintains good canopy structure, its tree canopy has good clearances from structures and buildings, and crossing, diseased and dead branches are pruned, to ensure the tree maintains a healthy, functional and attractive canopy. At Sydney Tree Solutions, we help you with all tree services including crown reduction tree pruning, tree removal and tree lopping. Crown reduction pruning can involve a variety of different techniques that are discussed below in the tree pruning services section but they basically involve modifications to the crown or canopy of the tree. This can either be tree pruning services that reducing the overall size of the crown or canopy (i.e Crown reduction pruning is exactly the same as canopy reduction pruning), pruning the lower branches of a tree to lift or raise the tree canopy (i.e crown reduction pruning that also known as crown raising or lifting) or canopy thinning which is effectively removal of some of the smaller branches in the upper canopy often to allow more light to infiltrate through the canopy. All of the tree crown reduction pruning techniques provided by our Sydney North Shore arborists are discussed in more detail below in the tree pruning services section.
What is Tree Pruning?
Tree pruning or “tree crowning”, involves a variety of tree maintenance and remedial pruning works to ensure the tree maintains good canopy structure, its tree canopy has good clearances from structures and buildings, and crossing, diseased and dead branches are pruned, to ensure the tree maintains a healthy, functional and attractive canopy. At Sydney Tree Solutions, we help you with all tree services including tree removal and pruning.
What Tree Pruning services do we provide?
- Tree Canopy Reduction and Shaping: we do canopy reduction by selectively pruning certain branches and limbs back to lateral branches in accordance with AS-4373 Pruning of Amenity Trees. This can allow certain parts of the canopy to be reduced in height and spread, although there are very strict restrictions in any height reduction according to AS-4373 which are explained in detail below. The overall aim is to ensure that the tree still maintains good canopy structure and future growth after the tree reduction pruning and shaping. Expert tree canopy reduction allows you to shape the tree, maintain good structural form, whilst ensuring healthy future growth.
- Tree Canopy Thinning: we cut out small, weakly attached tree branches and epicormic growths, and selectively remove certain branches to help create gaps within the canopy if required. This allows more light penetration as well as airflow. Tree canopy thinning can also reduce the wind loading of large heavy limbs but it is very important that all works are carried out by an experienced and professional arborist to ensure correct pruning practices.
- Tree Canopy Lifting or Raising: crown lifting and raising involves pruning the lower branches or part of the branch to allow clearance from obstacles and buildings. Canopy pruning in this way can also improve views and increase light penetration, as well as reduce the end weight in heavy limbs that have the potential for failure in strong wind loads.
- Tree Dead Wood Removal: dead wood can present safety risks to people from failing tree branches, so our expert arborists will prune the parts of a tree that are dead. Removing dead wood also helps ensure the health of the remaining parts of the tree. Since dead wood can create habitat for borers and parasites, we reduce their effectiveness at infecting or harming the tree.
Why do you need tree Pruning?
Tree pruning is often a necessity for amenity trees and is performed for numerous reasons. The tree pruning may be for safety reasons and to remove diseased and defected branches from the tree or it may be to improve the attractiveness of the tree and its functional benefits. If performed correctly it should not only accommodate the human needs such as building clearance pruning and hazard mitigation but it should also improve the structure and health of the tree. Typical reasons for pruning include:
- Removal of deadwood or damaged branches
- Increased light penetration or air flow
- Clearance from buildings, service wires and footpaths
- Hazard reduction by removing heavy limbs over buildings
- Reduction in wind load of branches in the canopy
- Reduction in leaf litter for pools and gutters
- Clearance or thinning for aesthetic reasons such as views
- Selective pruning to improve the health and longevity of the tree
It is important to understand that pruning has the potential to seriously damage the tree and create more problems than before if it is not carried out correctly using the required techniques, proper cuts and with an understanding of the biology of the tree involved and how it will respond. At Sydney Tree Solutions our professional arborists use a variety of expert tree removal and pruning techniques to ensure these goals are achieved.
How do we prune a tree?
If you only want to prune your tree, our certified tree removal arborists will ascend the tree using ropes without using any spikes to ensure the tree is not damaged in the climbing process. We will then use specialist arborist rigging techniques and climbing skills to safely remove the exact branches that need to be pruned from the tree. These works require a very skilled and professionally trained and educated arborist to ensure the exact cuts are made to ensure fungal pathogens cannot enter the trees vascular system, epicormic re-growths of undesirable branches are not created and the tree maintains good branch structure from the pruning works.
What areas do we cover?
Sydney Tree Solutions offers tree services in the greater Sydney area although the majority of our customers are within the Sydney North Shore. We serve areas like Killara, St Ives, Gordon, Turramurra, Wahroonga and Hornsby in the North Shore. Other areas we provide our tree services are Castle Cove, Willoughby, Artarmon, Lane Cove, Cammeray, Mosman, Chatswood, and Castlecrag in the Lower North Shore.
All neighbourhoods and council areas we service are listed below:Sydney
- Ashfield, Canada Bay, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Balmain, Rozelle, Annandale, Gladesville
- Henley, Hunters Hill, Huntleys Cove, Huntleys Point, Woolwich
Northern and Western Suburbs
- Beecroft, Epping, Carlingford, Cherrybrook, Dural, Glenhaven, Galston, Berowra
- Denistone, East Ryde, Eastwood, Macquarie Park, Marsfield, Meadowbank, Melrose Park, North Epping, North Ryde, Breakfast Point, Putney, Ryde, Telopea, Tennyson Point
- Upper North Shore
- Lower North Shore
- Artarmon, Cammeray, Castle Cove, Castlecrag, Chatswood, Chatswood West
- Cremorne, Cremorne Point, Crows Nest, Greenwich, Kirribilli, Lane Cove
- Lane Cove West, Lavender Bay, Linley Point, Longueville, McMahons Point
- Middle Cove Milsons Point, Mosman, Naremburn, Neutral Bay, North Sydney
- Northbridge, Northwood, Riverview, St Leonards, Waverton, Willoughby
- Willoughby North, Wollstonecraft, Woolwich
- Balgowlah, Balgowlah Heights, Clontarf, Fairlight, Manly, Seaforth
- Allambie, Allambie Heights, Beacon Hill, Belrose, Brookvale, Collaroy
- Collaroy Plateau, Cromer, Curl Curl, Davidson, Dee Why, Forestville
- Frenchs Forest, Freshwater, Killarney Heights, Manly Vale, Narrabeen, Narraweena
- North Balgowlah, North Curl Curl, North Manly, Oxford Falls, Queenscliff, Terrey Hills
- Avalon, Bayview, Bilgola Plateau, Church Point, Clareville, Elanora
- Ingleside, Newport, North Narrabeen, Mona Vale, Palm Beach, Warriewood
- Whale Beach
- Normanhurst, Thornleigh, Pennant Hills, West Pennant Hills, Westleigh,
- Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Bella Vista, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Seven Hills,
- Belrose, Davidson, Duffys Forest, Frenchs Forest, Forestville, Killarney Heights
- Oxford Falls, Terrey Hills
Do I need my council permission?
There are often several exempt tree pruning and tree removal works that can be done without council approvals but you may need to have council permission if the work is outside the scope of tree pruning as prescribed by the Council Tree Preservation Order. The council arborists will need to check the tree and the site to determine whether you will need permission or not.
Why use Sydney Tree Solutions?
Sydney Tree Solutions is your preferred tree removal and maintenance company. We have an experienced team of arborists and tree removal experts to ensure that you have a safe, friendly, and professional palm tree removal and palm tree stump removal services. Our arborists are fully certified to AQF Level 3 or AQF Level 5 and have a wide knowledge and experience on how to remove and prune all types of trees. Contact us today or call 0405 095 095 for professional tree removal and pruning services.