Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Arborist Reports in the Council Municipality of Leichhardt that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
- Balmain East
- Cockatoo Island
The following is a summary of Leichhardt Council Tree Preservation Order to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Tree Preservation Order for Leichhardt Council for more detailed information. Care should be also taken that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons.
Leichhardt Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following removal or pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any tree less than 6m in height and trunk diameter less than 200mm (1.4m height), unless a Heritage site.
- Removal of DEAD or DYING tree if accompanied by arborist report and minor works form, or council has notified applicant that satisfied. Removal of torn limbs and dead wood (max 25% canopy)
- Pruning of less than 10% of canopy or root system per annum (max branch diameter 100mm, unless a Heritage Site.
- Pruning of more than 10% but less than 20% of the canopy can be carried out bi-annually BUT not less than 5 days after lodgement of a MINOR WORKS REQUEST.
- Any tree listed for Leichhardt Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under Leichhardt Council Tree Preservation Order (see table below). This still applies if a HERITAGE site.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven|
|Eriobotrya japonica||Loquat Tree|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus|
|Mangifera indica||Mango Tree|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree|
** Must be less than 10m in Height.
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a tree permit or submitting a minor works request are shown below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.