Professional Arborist in Canada Bay
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in the City of Canada Bay Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs:
|Canada Bay||North Strathfield|
|Concord West||Russell Lea|
The following is a summary of the City of Canada Bay Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by the Canada Bay Council Development Control Plan (DCP) and the Canada Bay Council Private Tree Management Manual, to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Canada Bay Council Tree Management Manual or the Pruning and Removal of Trees Fact Sheet for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Habitats).
Canada Bay Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required unless the works fall under the 10/50 bush fire clearance legislation.
- Any tree under 4m in height and less than 500mm trunk diameter (not a cycad or mangrove at any height) Note: Does not apply if Heritage Conservation Zone.
- The tree is dead and provides not habitat for native fauna, evidence from arborist required to be retained for 6 months.
- A fruit tree grown for the purpose of fruit except Lilly Pilly and Blueberry Ash
- Tree poses an imminent safety risk – Still requires owner to contact council to inspect or provide approval but not application required.
- Removal of any tree species listed as an exempt species in Appendix A of Canada Bay Council Private Tree Management Manual (see table below) Note: Does not apply if Heritage Conservation Zone.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME||LIMITATION|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder||None|
|Bambusa spp.||Bamboo (all species)||None|
|Celtis occidentalis||Hackberry, Sugarberry||None|
|Cinnamomum camphora||Camphor laurel||Only within 3m of Residence|
|Erythrina crista-galli||Coral Tree||None|
|Erythrina x sykesii||Indian Coral||None|
|Ficus elastica||Rubber Tree||None|
|Liquidambar||Liquidambar, Sweet Gum||Only within 3m of Residence|
|Olea africana||African Olive||None|
|Populus spp.||Poplar (all species)||None|
|Schefflera spp.||Umbrella trees||None|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm||None|
|Toxicodendron spp.||Rhus Tree||None|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining City of Canada Bay Council permission for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !