Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Arborist Reports in the Council Municipality of Randwick Council that includes all or some of the following suburbs and localities:
|Clovelly (also Waverley)||Maroubra Junction|
|Coogee||Matraville (also Botany)|
|Little Bay||South Coogee|
The following is a summary of Randwick Council Tree Preservation Order to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Tree Preservation Order for Randwick Council for more detailed information. Care should be also taken that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons.
Randwick Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following removal or pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any Tree less than 6m in height, with trunk CIRCUMFERENCE less than 1m (1m above ground) and a canopy width less than 4m. This does not include palm trees which all need consent (except cocos palms).
- Any tree that is dying or dead or is a risk to human life or property and is not required as the habitat of native fauna.
- Any tree within two 2m of a building (excluding an outbuilding) measured horizontally from edge of trunk to vertical alignment of the building structure (i.e. eave, guttering)
- Pruning branches for maintenance works, (inc. thinning but excluding height reduction) by a max of 10% over 2 years. Pruning to provide 2.5m above ground level and 0.5m from electrical wires. Removal of deadwood.
- Any tree listed for Randwick Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Randwick Council Tree Preservation Order (see table below). Does not apply if Heritage site or Significant Tree Register.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder|
|Cotoneaster spp.||Cotoneaster (all species)|
|Erythrina sp.||Coral Tree **|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive|
|Populus sp.||Poplars **|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree|
|X Cupressocyparis leylandii||Leighton Green and Cvs|
** Must be less than 10m in Height
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining council permission are shown below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.