Professional Arborist in Randwick
Sydney Tree Solutions provides tree services such as Tree Removal, Tree Pruning, Stump Grinding and Professional Arborist services in Randwick Council municipality that includes all or some of the following suburbs::
|Clovelly (also Waverley)||Maroubra Junction|
|Coogee||Matraville (also Botany)|
|Little Bay||South Coogee|
The following is a summary of Randwick Council Tree Preservation Order, which is now covered by Randwick Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2013, to identify works that can be done without council approval and exempt tree species. This overview is only a guide. Please reference the complete Randwick Council DCP 2013 or the Removing and Pruning Trees page on their website for more detailed information on council regulations and exemptions. Care should also be taken to check the property zoning and that the tree is not protected for Ecological or Heritage reasons (i.e Heritage conservation zones and Endangered Species or Habitats).
Randwick Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following tree removal or tree pruning works WITHOUT council permission. For all arborist works outside of this scope, council approval in writing is required.
- Any Tree less than 6m in height, with trunk CIRCUMFERENCE less than 1m (1m above ground) and a canopy width less than 4m. Does not include palm trees (except Cocos) and tree ferns, or any trees within Heritage Conservation areas.
- Any tree that is dying or dead or is a risk to human life or property and is not required as the habitat of native fauna.
- Any tree within two 2m of a building (excluding an outbuilding) measured horizontally from edge of trunk (at 1m height) to vertical alignment of the building structure (i.e. eave, guttering)
- Pruning branches for maintenance works, (inc. thinning but excluding height reduction) by a max of 10% over 2 years. Pruning to provide 2.5m above ground level and 0.5m from electrical wires. Removal of deadwood.
- Any tree listed for Randwick Council under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 and any tree species listed as an exempt species under the Randwick Council Development Control Plan (DCP) 2013 (see table below). Does not apply if Heritage site or Significant Tree Register.
|BOTANICAL NAME||COMMON NAME||LIMITATION|
|Ailanthus altissima||Tree of Heaven||None|
|Alnus jorullensis||Evergreen Alder||None|
|Cotoneaster spp.||Cotoneaster (all species)||None|
|Erythrina sp.||Coral Tree||None|
|Ficus elastic||Rubber Tree||None|
|Lagunaria patersonia||Norfolk Island Hibiscus||None|
|Olea europaea var. Africana||African Olive||None|
|Scheflera spp.||Umbrella trees||None|
|Syagrus romanzoffianum||Cocos palm||None|
|Toxiocodendron sp.||Rhus Tree||None|
|X Cupressocyparis leylandii||Leighton Green and Cvs||None|
Council approval in writing must be obtained prior to any works being carried out. Breaching a tree preservation order can result in very heavy fines.
The application forms for obtaining a Randwick Council permit for tree pruning and tree removal can be downloaded below. The owner of the property on which the tree resides, or an agent acting on behalf of the owner, will need to apply.
GET A FREE QUOTE TODAY – CALL NOW !